Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Want some cheese with that whine?

  I don't know if it is the heat, the summer blues, or what but all the kids have been super whiny this week. I know for myself I am sick of the heat, being cooped up inside, and being bored. I look forward to going to work because it is at least never boring! This morning was especially whiny and I swear I was about to lose what little is left of my mind. Seriously. Ahren asked me 9007 times if he could play video games. He is restricted to 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the afternoon because he has become addicted to the games. He will sit and play so long that he wets himself, and keeps on playing. Yesterday he was so engrossed in the game he fell off the couch. That is just wrong. How can a 3 year old child be so crazy about games? I just know that I do NOT want a couch potato game-addicted lump on my hands. 
  Levi had a major meltdown over what clothes he was going to wear. He has many, many thing to choose from, but he insists on jeans and a black t-shirt every day. Well, they were dirty. Major meltdown. You know what? Just stay in your underwear. I don't care. We're not going anywhere. Just stop the whinage!!!!
  I have a million things to get done in the next few weeks. I need to get all the school supplies, clothes, shot records, physical forms, etc ready for school. I need to get kaytee's portfolio updated, and her new comp cards done. I need to make a hundred phone calls, send letters and make appointments for so many things. I feel the weight of the world on my shoulders. 
  And I love every minute of the chaos. I want 10 more kids!!!!

1 comment:

Angie said...

You are delightfully crazy. ;0)