Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Underpants Gnomes

  This is my favorite South Park episode because I lived it in corporate America for many years. Here is the gist of the show:

  Gnomes keep sneaking into the boys rooms and stealing their underpants out of their drawers. The mothers are all getting mad because the boys have no underwear so the boys decide to catch the thieves. They sit up all night and finally catch the Gnomes sneaking in and stealing the underpants. 

  The boys follow the Gnomes back to their secret cave and confront them. They demand to know why the Gnomes keep stealing their underpants and the gnomes tell them:

Phase 1: Steal underpants
Phase 2: ??? Phase 2???
Phase 3: Make money!!

  See the beauty in that? Just like corporate America, they have a starting point and a definite goal in mind but absolutely no clue how to get from point A to point B. No plan, no in-between steps, nothing. I can't tell you how many companies I have worked for that this applied. Sad but true. 

2 comments:

Dana said...

You are indeed a very strange person, but I love you with all my heart!!!

Vanessa said...

LOL!!