Sunday, October 26, 2008

Catching Up

We have been having a wonderful time with my parents here. I will post more about that this week. For now here are some pix from the recent weeks.

What happens if you put (hypoallergenic, tear free) bubble bath in the tub and turn on the jacuzzi jets? 
Bubbles, bubbles, bubbles!!!


Potty training continues to go extremely well. I can't actually call it training because he is doing it himself. He wants to do everything Levi does and he is just copying the potty routine. he is dry all day every day and working on the poo-poo thing. His timing is a little off still in that aspect. He has also discovered Levi's underwear, which he demands to put on all by himself! 
Isn't that cutest little hiney you have ever seen????
Ahren's personality continues to expand and amaze us all. He is so happy and loving. He is also a normal 2 year old, which means tantrums and such, but just the fact that he is so completely normal is enough to make us rejoice! 
Doesn't he just shine? And I swear I combed his hair! I did, I did!!!
What is it about an empty box that makes kids and cats want to climb in? 
Brothers, so different and yet so much alike. They really seem to adore each other (most of the time) and entertain each other for hours.
Ahren and Daddy making music one lazy Sunday morning. 
I have finally gotten my feet under me. Things feel much more normal now. I am still running around like a chicken with my head cut off, but in a good way. I no longer have to fake a smile, it is coming naturally. (Seriously, for a while there I had a fake smile plastered on my face thinking I would just fake it until I could make it) It's not that I wasn't thankful, or enjoying it all. It just was so overwhelming. The emotions hit me like a freight train. I had boxed up all the emotions for so long during the process and couldn't process them while in the middle of it. Then once we actually brought him home, it couldn't be contained any more. The bad emotions had to be released. Now I feel so much better. Yes, the process was torture, un-fair and beastly. But it is OVER for Ahren and we have him. Forever and ever. He is OURS. I can finally breathe. 

Except for PBJ. But I have a sense of peace about her now. We will just wait. Her future will be revealed to us in due time. And we can handle that. But any prayers anyone might want to throw her way would be very much appreciated!

4 comments:

margaret said...

Just wanted you to know we are praying daily for PBJ and her future. Glad to hear things are better.

Vanessa said...

That photo of the backwards undies made me laugh because I just had to buy Olivia some boy underwear because she screamed for them since they had nemo on them! Well she put the on herself backwards!!
Ahren is so handsome and looks really happy! I'm praying for PBJ!

bellagirl26 said...

Wendy, you have our prayers for PBJ, I know what it feels like to not bring a child home, it never really goes away, it just becomes manageable (thankfully).

Ahren is the most beautiful boy, he is light and yes, shiney, gorgeous child, the boys look so happy together!

Boxes, yep, we have them too, I should just wrap big empty boxes for xmas and everyone would be happy!

Ana's Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey, you broke your own rules...no bathtub pics on the web, and then to boot an undie butt pic? What? LMAO! Okay, that butt is too dang cute and I would have blogged it too, still I had to call you out on it!

I took the tub comment personally, and went through all my photos to make sure no ones um, parts where showing!

Me (you know me, you just don't wanna admit it)!