Saturday, October 24, 2009

A little better

Well, he slept until 5:57 am. That is some improvement. When I got home Friday afternoon he had a temp of 101.4. Hmmm. Then he had a very restless night, whimpering and moaning in his sleep. I was able to just lay him back down when he got up before 6 am and he went back to sleep and slept until 8 am. That is really late for my kids. 

Today he woke up with a temp of 100 degrees, and it quickly started rising and was soon pushing the 103 mark. Motrin and Tylenol are managing it and he acts fine. He has the tiniest bit of runny nose and that is all. 

I have a question for all of you, Oh Great Internets. One of the other kids who comes to our house for our nanny to watch, had the H1N1 nasal vaccine on Tuesday. This is a live attenuated (changed so it is not so infectious) virus vaccine. They told them it might cause a fever. She had one for one evening and then was better. It infects the child causing them to mount an immunological response that then gives them immunity to the real virus. While their body mounts it's attack, they shed the multiplying viral particles as if they are contagious with the real thing. 

My question is this. Could it be that my boys are reacting to being infected with the vaccine virus and will now also be protected against H1N1? 

2 comments:

The Accidental Mommy said...

I DO NOT KNOW

However, my husband and Genea both got the nose spray and Genea was fine. Several days later the husband got sick with minor but persistent flu symptoms and then so did I. Mine have been stronger but I would still call it minor. It has been about a week and a half and I am just now back on track, mostly.

So I haven't heard anything on the news but there is so much different news every day, who the hell knows.

Deb said...

I don't know but you pretty accurately described Bug this week and he had an ear infection (finally after 5 days wwe got the presentation infection). So maybe he has that going on instead.

Whatever it might be, I hope he feels better soon.

Love and hugs,

Deb