Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The house


The 'men' are inspecting the framing and the lumber. This is an imporatnat part of the process. We must do many manly inspections, kick a few boards and measure everything. It is good to be men! You can't see it in the pictures, but Levi has his own tape measure hooked on his pants. A smaller version of Daddy's. Chris already has plans for all the things he will do with 'his boys'. The funy thing is, anyone who knows Chris knows that once he holds PBJ, the manly man is going to be one great big gumby that is wrapped around her little finger. I bet she will be his little shadow, so he will be doing things with 'his boys and a prncess'. He is such a good Dad!
Guess what came in the mail yesterday? No, not more candy (but that would have been good!) The very last documents for our dossier! We are done, finished, complete, ready to rock and roll. Everything else is already translated and in Guatemala. I will Fed Ex these last 3 docs to them today. We should be submitted to Family Court by the end of the week. This is all new territory for us. We have never gotten this far with Ahren's case (shoot we haven't gotten anywhere with his case....) It is so exciting! It's starting to seem real. We could have our little girl home in just a few short months. I haven't bought hardly anythig for PBJ. I just couldn't. I keep remembering all of the things I so lovingly picked out for Ahren and he never got to use them. This time I am waiting. When we get out of PGN then I will go on a shopping spree the likes of which the world has never seen. I will need a teflon credit card just so it doesn't melt down! Until then, I will wait not-so-patiently. I will knit little hats and blankets and outfits for my babies. I will keep myself busy busy busy.


3 comments:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Great news about FC!!! Maybe we will pick our daughters at the same time. I can't wait until you start shopping. I tried to do that with Maya because of losing the first referral. However, you see by my blog that I failed. House is coming right along.

Krystal said...

Exciting progress on the house and on the dossier :) I hope that you get submitted to FC and get an appt really quickly!!!

Crystal said...

WOW!!--I always loved the framing stage--it seems like it goes up so quick!!!!! I hope you get submitted to Family Court real soon!!!!!