Thursday, December 21, 2006

Blackmail photos

Ooooh, my son is going to hate me!!! This photo is from over a year ago. We were diligently attempting potty training with Levi. One day I got a panicked call from Nanny and Levi had tried to wear his potty seat as a hat and it had slid down over his head and now would not come off. Poor little guy was extremely upset about this. Apparently the edges on the bottom of the seat were sharp and where the cushioned slid comfortably down over his head, going back up was painful. Nanny and I worked for quite a while and I thought we were going to have to take him to the emergency room to get it off (oh what a sight that would have been) I finally managed to use some tin snips to cut away enough of the plastic, then soaped him up good in the tub and got him free. Fortunately he did not associate this with the actual potty training. We bought a different kind of seat, one that cannot be used as a hat and he was fine. Every time I see this picture (I HAD to get a picture! What else would I have to show his Prom date????) I crack up. I guess by kid #3 you just don't freak out about the prospect of strolling into the ER with your son stuck in a potty seat.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

OK--This is sooo funny!!! You definately have to show his wife someday!!!! I was cracking up!!!-Poor little guy!!! ps-- Your son is just too cute --he has such beautiful eyes!!!

Krystal said...

This is too funny -- I would have taken a picture too :)

Natalie said...

Oh my goodness...what a story!!! You were so smart to take a picture!

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Tell Levi to call me when he is ready to kill you. However, it is sooo funny. Kids do the cutest things.