Monday, December 11, 2006

Hanging in there

We are hanging in there, waiting on more information about the missing files and what can be done about it. Poor Ahren. His case has been nothing but mistakes, problems and road blocks. I think rocket science must be easier than this has been...

In other news, we got pre-approval from the US Embassy today for Peri Brynn! This is an important step that says the US Government has approved our adoption of PBJ. We didn't expect to get this until next week sometime, given how fast other people were getting theirs. Our little PBJ is just flying through. Don't think the irony of that has escaped me.

We are still waiting on new pictures and an updated medical on both kids. I am beginning to think about visiting again, once the airfares drop back down into the acceptable range. Maybe January or February? Maybe not. I do a lot of wishful thinking.......;-)

2 comments:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

Great news about Peri and PA. You were about a week ahead of me, so I know what that means. I wish that a miracle would take place and you Ahren's case would start moving.

Angel said...

It's so weird to me that fares are more expensive at Christmas to Guatemala. Last year we flew in the day after Christmas and it was the cheapest we have ever gotten to fly and to stay at the Marriott. Maybe more people visiting this year since things have been so slow??? I don't know. Weird. Hope the prices dive down so you can jump on a plane soon. :0) Angel