Wednesday, November 29, 2006

One of those nights

Have you ever had one of those nights where you go to sleep just fine, but wake up later and can't get back to sleep? That was me last night. I woke up and then my mind began to race. I made mental lists, planned out how to accomplish everything I have to do, went over it a million times to be sure I didn't miss anything. My list for Wed.: check that deposit cleared, run to the bank and transfer money to Adoption Agency #2 for Peri Brynn, notify AA#2 money is in their account, check on Fed Ex packages sent to get final documents from Missouri and Texas, check on documents at Guatemalan Consulate in Houston, remember Katie has bible study, pick up last items for bake sale goodies, put together bake sale goodies, pack lunch for Levi, pack backpack for Levi, get box ready to send to Adoption Agency #1 for Ahren, print pictures for Ahren, get dog food, schedule vet appointment, schedule dental appt's for all of us over the holiday break, look at appliance catalog from builder. Did I forget anything? I'm sure I did!

Yesterday we had a long meeting with our builder. This is the pre-pour meeting. We got to pick out windows and exterior doors, go over all the plumbing and electrical plans in detail, and look at lighting issues. We added a bunch of can-lights to the living room, and an additional large fixture over the island in the kitchen. We added outlets in the eaves for Christmas lights, and outlets on the sides of the house for landscape lights and Christmas decorations. For our next meeting we need to have all of our cabinet and appliance choices narrowed down. Things should start to go pretty fast now. I am amazed at the number of choices we need to make. Do you want glass blocks this size or that size? An outlet here or 6 inches to the left? The light switch on this wall or that wall? It goes on and on and on. So, if we screw anything up, you will all know who is to blame. Chris. Hah!

1 comment:

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

WOW Wendy, you sure do sound busy!!! It just makes me tired thinking about you.