Friday, November 10, 2006

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

The good: today they are supposed to break ground on our house! Bulldozers and backhoes should be tearing up the ground right this minute. They offered to dig us a pond for free (actually, they are going to have to dig a hole and fill it in, so they would just leave it empty and call it a pond) but we opted not to have one. There is a lake at the bottom of the hill already. A pond just seemed like a big attractive nuisance and a mosquito breeding ground.

The bad: We heard today that the file that was supposedly resubmitted weeks ago for Ahren's birth certificate, was not. No idea where it is. It's been a month and it's not in the PGN office where it should be. The special attorney's we hired are frustrated and can't get a straight answer out of anyone. This is bad. Really bad.

The ugly: That's me. Today I just want to crawl in bed and pull the covers over my head. Don't talk to me. Don't tell me it's going to be OK. Don't tell me it will all be worth it when we bring him home. Don't ask me why, or what if, or who. Today I am just ugly.

1 comment:

Krystal said...

It sounds like the news is ugly, not you! Hopefully the "special attorneys" can get to the bottom of this soon and get the file where it needs to be! You guys have been soooo patient, it's time that things start to work for you!!! Prayers for you and Ahren today!