Saturday, March 26, 2011

Very Good Days

  Lately we have been having many very good days. The kind where at the end of the day you are not exhausted, you are still smiling, life is good and you look forward to another day with the kiddos. Why? I don't know. Once we got back on track after spring break things just seemed to fall into place. I have been making the effort to point out to each boy how great they are doing, what fun it is to be with them and how wonderful our days are. I am hoping to stretch this good spell as long as possible. It has definitely helped that the weather has been awesome and we spend a lot of time outdoors. Sunshine, fresh air and lots of physical play is a magical combo.
  Ahren started speech therapy this week. After 2 sessions he is already showing improvement. It helps that he is head over heels in love with the therapist and will do anything she asks. We have been practicing at home, too. The improvement I see is in his ability to say his L's now. He is really trying. He also has exercises for strengthening his jaw muscles. I'll post some pics later. He is eating up the special attention he gets.
  Ashley had a really spectacular Thursday this week. First, she had interviewed for a job and they called and hired her on Thursday. Way to go Ash! Then, the new laptop that my hubby bought for her arrived at her house. I thought he had gotten a re-furbished off brand laptop, but instead he had splurged and gotten her a re-furbished MacBook Pro with all the bells and whistles. When she opened the box she squealed in delight and immediately posted pics on her facebook. When I talked to her she was so excited she sounded like Minnie Mouse!

  Oh, man, I knew I shouldn't have said anything about how good things are. The two little ones just got into a slap fest and called each other nasty names. For no logical reason. Now there is crying and door slamming, lying, and ugly garbage talk. (Their favorite thing lately is to tell me I think they are ugly) It's good to know things are normal around here.

1 comment:

Reba said...

I am glad you have had some very good days. We have too (for the most part). The funny thing is ours actually come ON spring break because they don't have to behave for school. :) Hope things continue to go well...as well as it can anyway.