Sunday, March 06, 2011

Awww, you make me blush.....

I can't believe all the feedback I got after my post a few days ago where I revealed my insecurities. I should be pathetic more often! This blog is sometimes the only way I have to be real and open. In my day to day life, like most of you, I have to be strong and patient and dedicated and well, you know, SANE. At least for the most part. At times when I have opened up about things I am feeling it has backfired terribly. I don't regret it because I was honest about how I felt at the time. If people can't accept and/or forgive my occasional outbursts, well then they don't have the luxury of having lived a life with lots of painful experiences. If you have never held a tiny baby in your hands that has been nearly killed by another human being and have learned to forgive. If you have never had to leave a child you love with every fiber of your being in another country at the mercy of others, with no idea when or if you might ever see that child again, and yet learned to trust in the Lord. If you have never loved a child who spends every waking moment trying to push you away so that they do not get hurt again, and yet you continue to love and cherish that child in spite of the pain. If you have been so blessed to have lived a charmed life full of joy and no pain, then you have not lived, for only by feeling the pain do you truly treasure the joy.

So all of my internet pals who get it, plus those IRL (in real life) who get it, here is to embracing the pains and treasuring the joys, leaning on each other and knowing that we always have each others backs, even when the poo is flying and the RADalicious behaviors are off the charts, to all of us, HOORAY, HOORAY, HOORAY!!!!!

3 comments:

Diana said...

You rock, Mama! I have no idea where I'd be without my trauma mama buddies who get it! I'm especially grateful for the ones who keep it real!

Dawn said...

I'm with Diana. You rock!!

Reba said...

I very much appreciate your "realness". It makes me feel like I am normal even though you still handle life and RADishness better than I do. I learn from you. :)