Friday, September 06, 2013

This is not fall weather...

 Every night Chris goes out to water trees, feed the deer, and feed the fish and turtles in the pond. Sometimes he has company along to help (and ask a million questions and hopefully not fall in...)


See how our lovely drought is treating us? Dead grass in the back part of the property. If we want to water it we will need to dig a well. otherwise it is just way too expensive. 

We never have problems with mosquitoes because our pond has a bumper crop of dragon flies every year. They come in a lot of colors but this is the first year we have seen hot pink! (doesn't it look like the hot pink one has giant googly eyes on the top of its head?)

 I have a riddle for you. What do you get when you give a RAD kid a pop tart?

 A big mess!!! (Good thing he is so adorable!)


First day of 4th grade.
 First day of 2nd grade.
 First day of 2nd grade and running behind as usual. 
 Oh my sweet Rio. He sure loves us and we love him. I gave him a bath the other day and he played in the water like a little kid. He kept sticking his lips over the hose and making water spray all over.

The Tooth Fairy has been working long hours here recently. Just last night Ahren lost his second top front tooth. Now he looks just down right goofy. LOL!

Another baby blanket I have been working on. I used Vanna's Choice Baby in three colors, worked it in strips and made up the pattern as I knit. All I have to do now is add the edging and block the whole thing. I loved this because I could put it down and pick it up later and never have to remember where I was at in a pattern. I did learn that certain stitch pattern pucker more than others, but once it is blocked I think it will lay flat and look right.

1 comment:

The Accidental Mommy said...

Love the blanket colors. But, please tell me, who is the 3rd child pictured? Is that seriously Ahren???? Maybe it's a neighbor child who is that big and "kid" looking?