Monday, May 25, 2015

Thank you

  Thank you to everyone who made suggestions. We also met with his therapist Saturday for a couple of hours and hashed out plans, including him in the conversation. I truly appreciate the advice, ideas and non-judmental delivery. Believe me, I beat myself up enough that no one else needs to step in.


  This is what we are doing today for memorial Day. It has finally stopped raining after 3 weeks of non-stop storms. I got called to go run another Red Cross shelter this morning but I declined. It was a long way away and I am just getting up to speed on what to do. I still need another manager around to help if I get stuck.
  The pool is the best investment we have ever made. The boys use it constantly. Notice how we have two little brown-skinned nuts and one albino boy. Poor Levi, he is pigmentally challenged!


They make up contests like who can make the biggest splash, who can hold their breath the longest and who can do the dumbest jump into the water. Of course I have to be the judge for all of these.

We have not gotten the landscaping and new fence in yet. Reference the rain comment above. We could have planted rice or seaweed maybe…..

I can't believe I actually got a picture of a kid smiling and not making some sort of a derp face.

This is more like the pictures I usually get. One kid under water, one making an evil face and one in full derp mode.


I hope the sunshine lasts. We may have to trade the pool in for an Ark at this point.

1 comment:

The Accidental Mommy said...

looks like a lot of fun!
You've posted a lot recently- I had to catch up!
Hope that lunch person chills out. Its a super awful job and some folks take their "powers" and go over the top with it. I remember from school- the monitors were often mean just to be mean. Ugh.