Saturday, March 06, 2010

Cheerleading Banquet

Last night was the Cheerleading Banquet. This year is flying by so fast! Kaytee won Best Attitude. That's my girl!!!
Here is Kaytee with her date.
Kaytee with her best buddy Lauren. These girls are amazing. Beautiful, funny and so sweet. And those legs.....ugh. They should be illegal.
Kaytee and me. She is already quite a bit taller than me but the 4 inch heels just added insult to injury.
The seniors each got to make a speech. It was very emotional as they would thank their parents, coaches and friends for the journey they all followed together. Kaytee never cries, but she started sobbing when she got to her thanks for me. Of course that was all it took and I was sobbing too. In fact, there were not a lot of dry eyes in the house. Several other parents came up to her afterwards and told her how great her speech was.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Dang! Those legs. So lucky. Mine didn't look that good even as a teenager.

Vanessa said...

WOW those girls look so grown up!! I'm so NOT looking forward to my two girls becoming that age! If I could only find the secret to keeping them young:( She's a real beauty!!

The Accidental Mommy said...

Sounds like a great night!