Thursday, June 29, 2006



So here it was May already and we hadn't gotten anywhere with the adoption. All our agency could tell us was that we were waiting on a new birth certificate for the baby. Week after week, no progress. At the same time we were reading about how the new temporary director of PGN had stalled all of the cases. Nothing was coming out of PGN. Great. We can't even get into the system, and once we did we might be stuck for ever. This is when I began to get very anxious. I thought God was telling us that this was not to be our son. That something was terribly wrong and we would lose the referral. That the birth mom wanted him back. All kinds of awful tormenting thoughts ran through my mind all day and all night.

If one more person asked my why it was going so slowly I was going to scream! Yes I knew it was unfair. Yes I desperately wanted to hold him. And NO, we have no control over the process. This isn't like buying a car, people. I can't just put in an order and get a delivery date. My frustration level was out of control. (Sorry Chris, you got the brunt of my emotions!)

We made the decision to do what we could do and we hired Adoption Supervisors. This is a group of Guatemalan lawyers who specialize in assisting difficult adoption cases. This was the best decision we ever made! We immediately began getting information. I don't blame our agency. I read the e-mails they got from the lawyers and they just weren't getting much info either.

No comments: