Thursday, June 29, 2006

Rectification. That is why we were stuck. It seems that the birth mother gave the baby one first name when she filled out the birth record in the hospital, but gave him a different first name on the official birth certificate. This caused a problem since everything has to match and be correct for the adoption to be able to proceed. The process of rectfication meant that the Civil Registry and the Bureau of Statistics had to come together and investigate the difference, propose a fix and submit it to an office of PGN. Once PGN approved the fix, the Civil Reg. would do the fix and submit the documents back to the Statistics office and a new birth certificate would be issued. Then we can file for DNA and Family Court.
Has anyone else realized that the pace of life in Guatemala is vastly different than what we have in the US? There is no sense of urgency about anything down there. They are a happy, loving, caring people. They don't stress out over everything like we do. They don't rush around. They don't get hyper. I think there is a lesson for me in there! How does the song go? 'I rush and rush until life's no fun'. Yeah, that's me. No fun! I have to realize that getting all bent out of shape over this doesn't help and only results in me being miserable. (Again, sorry Chris! My miserable = your miserable) So I am officially adopting a Guatemalan view of life! I vow to enjoy more, stress less and be happy. Wish me luck!

No comments: