1) His overall muscle tone is low but low/normal. It is the same all over his body, not weaker in any one spot.
2) He has made tremendous progress in this year. Absolutely amazing progress.
3) Although his muscle tone is acceptable now, his coordination and balance are not. While we were talking he did one of his typical keel-over moves. He was only turning around while standing and he lost his balance and fell. He was able to catch himself with his hands and avoid hitting his head, so his reflexes are good.
4) The doctor feels that it is not a muscle issue, but maybe a brain issue. Not like CP where parts of the body are affected, something more global.
5) We have a referral to a Pediatric Neurologist for a full work-up. MRI, EEG, blood work, and some other neuro mumbo-jumbo.
6) The doctor agreed with me that there seems to be 'something' not right. Not horribly wrong but just off. It felt good to be validated for my worries. Nanny agrees with me but Chris doesn't see it. That is so frustrating. I figure if all I find out is that he is just quirky but fine, then I have bought myself peace of mind.
And Ahren? He has declared that he wants a Baby Brudder. That's all he talks about. Hmmm....